Do I Need a Hearing Test?
Take an Online Hearing Test
An easy place to start is taking an Online Hearing Test
Signs and Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Do you hear, but not understand, what is being said?
- Do you have trouble hearing the television and/or radio?
- Do you feel that other people seem to mumble or talk too quickly?
- Do you have difficulty hearing people talk when there is background noise such as at a restaurant or a social gathering?
- Do you find yourself watching the mouths of people as they talk?
- Do you experience ringing, pain, or fullness in one or both ears?
- Do you frequently ask people to repeat what they say?
- Is anyone in your family hard of hearing or deaf?
- Do you find it difficult to understand others over the telephone?
- Do you tend to hear male voices more easily than female voices?
If you suspect a hearing loss contact a hearing care professional as soon as possible.
A hearing care professional determines with the help of a hearing test whether or not a hearing loss is present. If no hearing loss is present, you won't need any further help. In the case where a hearing loss is present, the kind and degree of your hearing loss is determined individually for each ear and entered in an audiogram.
Need help understanding your hearing test?
« Return to Frequently Asked Questions