What You Need to Know About Hearing Aids
If your hearing professional recommends hearing aids, be sure you've discussed the following.
- Will hearing aids actually improve my ability to hear?
- What are the differences between basic types of hearing aids?
- What kind of hearing aids would be best for me?
- How are hearing aids priced? Can you break down the cost?
- What's the return or trial period on the hearing aids I'm purchasing?
- Are there service fees that won't be refunded if I return the hearing aids?
- What is covered in these fees, and how much can I expect to pay?
- What kind of post-fitting and aural rehabilitation programs do you provide?
- Can I expect to come back for minor alterations?
- Do you provide a written contract or purchase agreement?
- Is there a warranty? Who honors the warranty, you or the manufacturer?
- Is there financing available for buying hearing aids?
- Can I get insurance in case they're lost or damaged?
- What's the average lifespan of this hearing aid?
- What happens if my hearing aids stop working?
- Do you repair them or does someone else? What will it cost?
- Will I be provided with loaner hearing aids while mine are being repaired?
- What happens if my hearing changes?